Monday 23 January 2012

Melting Snowman Writing

Several weeks ago I came across a great writing prompt idea on Pinterest.  If you click on Pinterest it will take you to my Primary Writing Board.   I simply love the ideas that I find there and so do my students.

With the wonderful snow that arrived last week and then the terrible rain that came Friday, melting the snow away, I thought this writing idea was aptly suited.   My students could deeply connect and were inspired writers as they watched the snowmen they had built earlier in the week melt away.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Barker,

    Thank you for updating us with the kids' in-school activities. This blog is surely a brilliant idea to have the parents had a deeper understanding of what our children are doing in school.

    Sydney(Jonathan's mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you are enjoying it. As a parent myself, it is often hard to know exactly what our children are doing in school and I do hope this blogs helps to ignite some great conversations at home with my students and their parents about the learning going on at school. Thank you, Jennifer

      Delete